Translate

Wikipedia

Search results

Followers

Seven hours down

Posted by SmartBarbie Monday, September 9, 2013

It is amazing how good I feel already.  Seven hours of healthy living.   I'm only half way through the first day of the healthy lifestyle challenge, but I feel lighter.  Emotionally lighter that is.  I feel hopeful.  I have a plan of life, a healthy life.  Last night I downloaded a hyno meditation mp3, encouraging healthy living, in which I listened to as I feel asleep.  It is human nature to turn to a source of comfort when life isn't going how we believe it should be going.  Food, drinking, self-destructive behaviors, obsessive behaviors, just to name a few, are common outlets or symptoms of underlying issues in our lives.

Last night while I was putting together my plan of action for the 17 day Healthy Lifestyle Challenge, I googled tools to support "health," "diet," "stop smoking," "detox," etc...I came across this hypno shop.    Quite frankly, I'm not sure if I believe in hynotheraphy, however, I figured the fourteen dollar risk was worth the gamble if it aided any bit of support through this time.  I am by no means affiliated with the hypnoshop.com organization. I just believe in sharing tools used: http://www.hypnoshop.com/hypnosis-cds-mp3s/weight-loss-hypnosis.html


Day #3:

Yesterday was the toughest.  Yet, every craving that I had, I would look at the clock and tell myself "it will pass within 10 minutes."  That is a very helpful tip.  In fact, here is an article by Forbes with additional curve busters http://onforb.es/HqowQc via @forbes

I'm actually posting this evening because day three was almost jeopardized from issues on the home-front.   I'm staying strong, despite the tears.

2 comments

  1. 10 Tips To Take Back Control Of Your Health And Get On The Path To Wellness

     
  2. I realize that my husband is my number one trigger. When you are married to an emotionally unavailable person, life becomes lonely, especially when your spouse limits the friends you can have, the employment, and belittles you on a daily basis. My self-worth is constantly struggling for survival. It got to the point that I would have to have a glass of wine, as soon as I knew my husband was on his way home from work. It would lessen the pain, well temporarily, of his rude comments, name-calling, silent treatments. Soon I found myself drinking, even though I don't care for the taste of most wine and liquor, just to survive and keep me numb. Fortunately, with the encouragement of a mentor, I am slowly building some self-esteem and self-worth back. This process has helped me to realize that I will probably spend my life with this man who will never change. He can and will probably always endeavor to beat me down, but I refuse to let him have control of my health any longer.

    I feel so much better not having to drink to self-medicate my home environment. Now, I drink only in social settings, only if I feel like it, but not because I have to.

     

Post a Comment